We have a vacancy for an Operations Manager to lead us on the next steps of our exciting journey. We are accepting applications from magical and mortal beings, so read on for more details…
We are recruiting for an organised and experienced operational and financial manager to create and manage systematic, clear and precise budgets, HR and all back office and externally facing operations and communications. This role will help Grimm & Co to strengthen our core, develop effective procedures and ensure greater robustness of data and reporting mechanisms.
Champion and oversee strong, smooth operational and financial management of Grimm & Co to maintain and develop an efficient and resilient organisation.
Reporting to the Executive Director (ED), the Operations Manager will have both internal and external facing responsibilities, ranging from financial (budget forecast, monitoring, mitigation planning and reporting) and project management to administration and people management.
The Operations Manager will partner closely with the ED to chart Grimm & Co’s future developments, growth and strategic response to an ever-increasing demand for the organisation’s services.
You will oversee the core operations and management of systems from financial to data management to ensure the effective running and reporting of the organisation.
It is vital that any applicant recognises that this role may require high levels of flexibility. We are a small team with huge demands on our time so you will be required to undertake activities to ensure the smooth running of the charity and at times this is very challenging. In return you will be an important part of an exciting arts charity which makes a meaningful difference to many children across Yorkshire and beyond.
Grimm & Co has already built a strong reputation as a quality arts destination and you will be at the cutting edge of this important, truly life changing work.
Requirements of the role:
• Able to support the CEO in all aspects of the charity’s work, as required within the role, including deputising when appropriate.
• Able to work Tuesday through to Saturday as a standard working week + additional weekend work
• Flexibility and positive attitude to challenge is a crucial requirement of this role
• Organised and methodical – systems oriented with attention to detail and financial management accumen.
• Operations Management, Evaluation and Communication
• Build and maintain strong external (partner/stakeholder/learner/donor/funder) relationships.
• Development and proactive maintenance of two-way communications and data gathering that inform and influence provision and planning.
• Monitoring and management of projects and priorities, reporting and mitigating against risk.
Line management responsibilities:
• Lead team to deliver outstanding outcomes.
• Deliver and inspire clear, supportive line management and a resilient, responsible work culture.
• Action plan leadership – help everyone to understand the business plan objectives and their roles within this and manage expectations around decision making.
• Direct responsibility for finance and operations
• Partner with the CEO in essential internal charity leadership activities (human resources, administration, budgeting and organizational planning).
• Responsible for maintaining and overseeing accurate, detailed financial operations, including cash flow/budgets/accounts/payroll.
• Manage and produce regular budgets and monitoring reports to mitigate against risk.
• Oversee achievement of philanthropic and earned income targets from Grimm & Co’s trading arm, contracts, venue hire and consultancy.
• Manage communications (including website, data management and CRM maintenance and develop systems to provide efficiencies and support)
• Manage human resources (recruiting, reviews, staff deployment/workload balancing, career progression) with related internal communications and budgeting/finance duties.
• Identify best practices and improve internal systems with an eye towards future needs and budget realities.
• Oversee site maintenance and health and safety operations of the centre + outreach delivery sites
• Oversee progress against business planning.
• Create, develop and execute systems to improve the operational efficiency of the charity.
• At least 5 successful years in a senior management position
• Excellent track record of successful, senior operational management
• Strong financial and budgetary management skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficient in data management and reporting for analysis and action
• Experience and ability to create, execute and disseminate systems to assure greater organisational efficiency
• Able and open to directly undertaking a variety of tasks, as required in a small team
• Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
• Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humour
• Operate with excellence in mind in all matters, with the confidence to defend/debate ideas
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential (written and verbal)
• Passionate about Grimm & Co’s mission and impact
• Self-starter, self-disciplined
• Remain focused in the face of pressure, deliver against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations
• Digitally proficient – social media, MS Office, etc.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ambitious to develop the charity and to use what we learn to inform what we do
• Level 5/Degree level qualification in a relevant discipline to the role
• An established and strong reputation and respect from others
• Rich understanding of the non-profit sector and the need to diversify fundraising routes
• Proficiency in budgetary software, e.g. Quickbooks, Sage, etc.
Please note that this post will require DBS clearance.
Terms and Conditions:
Title of Post: Operations Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Hours: Full time (including regular evening and weekend work). Working days: Tuesday to Saturday.
Salary: Pro rata (based on 40 hour week) £36,000 p.a. + employer pension contribution (currently at 3%)
Contract: Permanent position dependent on funding availability (currently funded by Esmee Fairbairn Foundation for 2.5 years)
Grimm & Co is committed to being an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Grimm & Co is a registered Charity No. 1154990.
Holiday entitlement: 25 days per year + public holidays.
Deadline for applications: 12 noon, 15 Wednesday January 2020 and interviews will take place soon after this take place soon after this.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your application form with OPERATIONS MANAGER APPLICATION in the subject heading.