On 31st May, 1st June and 4th June 2022, Grimm & Co hosted a pop-up festival celebrating stories of all shapes, featuring free masterclasses with leading musicians, authors and artists. Workshops took place in The Old Town Hall in Rotherham and all were invited!
This festival was a celebration of stories and communities, and visitors enjoyed a range of drop-in and booked activities.
- Author events with LD Lapinski and Jenni Spangler.
- Music and rap masterclasses with Pattern and Push.
- Roma Flamenco dancing with Rosamaria Cisneros.
- Shadow puppets
- Storytelling, Music making, Owl Babies and Crabby by Collar and Cuffs for the little ones.
- Journalism and belonging workshops for teens.
- Sharing local stories and memories, for all ages.
In 2025 Rotherham will become the world’s first Children’s Capital of Culture. Rotherham Children’s Capital of Culture 2025 is designed and delivered by children and young people in Rotherham, in partnership with a range of organisations and funders. The whole programme has been made possible thanks to funding from the UK Community Renewal Fund, Arts Council England, South Yorkshire MCA, and ERDF. The journey to 2025 starts now, with loads of creative events and activities made for and by children and young people aged 0-to-25 – including Grimm’s Gathering!
“Creative, energetic, staff are really helpful and fun, they entertain and support everyone – means I can have a free mind here.”
“…a one-stop-shop for imagination. So creative, children-focussed, colourful.”
“Go wild, go free, go creative.”